Thursday, October 28, 2010

Getting Back to Basics for the people of Faith

As I go about my daily shuffle here in the "Big Apple", I watch the expressions of all I encounter. Each day I view so many looks of frustration, disgust, discouragement and utter dispair with the occassional illumination of a face that shows contentment and peace with their environment.

This daily display makes me realize that those of us who declare that we are people of faith have a lot of work to do in our daily walk so as to cause it to align with our much talk. We truly must get back to the basics.

If at any particular moment I can't remember all the components of the teaching from college and seminary, or if I have a lapse of memory in which I forget the tenets and liturgy of my denominational mandates, (forgive the run on sentence?), I always keep near my heart the words of the scripture found in Matthew 22:37-40, which basically tells us to love God with all of our being, and to love our fellow man. It is upon these two commandments that all aspects of our faith are built.

Unconditional, real love, heals all the ills that the world has ever and will ever face!

Grace and Peace to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home